Buddy reading a favorite book together
- Math Test - We will have a Unit 3 math test on Friday, Dec. 14th.
- Pattengill Staff and Community Re-Envision Update - Monday, Dec. 10. Click on the following link for more information.
- Science Fair - Science Fair forms have gone home with students. The science fair is a great way to students to learn about a science topic of their choice. I am happy to help any students with his/her project. Registration forms are due December 19.
We are continuing with our reading unit, "Reading to Learn," which focuses on non-fiction text. Last week, students learned how to organize non-fiction text into categories. Students also learned how to read to become experts and teach others about what they have learned. Throughout this unit, I will be encouraging students to read some nonfiction text at home. Please ask your children to teach you what they have learned from their non-fiction text.
Students learned two new multiplication strategies called "adding a group" and "subtracting a group." They also learned about the turnaround rule for multiplication facts. We will have a Unit 3 math test on Friday, Dec. 14.
Students are continuing to work on their feature articles. We talked about finding an angle for their writing that shares their unique knowledge of the topic. The students are doing well moving through the various stages of writing.
We talked about archeologists and how they use artifacts to learn about history and life long ago. Below, students moved around the classroom looking at different artifacts from ancients peoples of Michigan, and they made predictions for the uses of the artifacts.
We worked on Hour of Code programming activities. Last week was Computer Science Week, which is intended to encourage students to think about careers in computer science. Students especially loved the Dance Party program.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
Students are learning about programming and worked on Hour of Code Activities.
- Home Links 3.12, 3.13. Unit 3 Review Sheet
- Reading To Learn homework.
- Reading 20-30 min daily.
- Sorting spelling words
- Missing homework for the week will be sent home by Friday of that week.
- Snacks for the classroom
- Post-it Notes
- Liquid hand soap
Feel free to contact me anytime with questions and concerns you may have. I can be reached at 994-1961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.